(and check this cover out)
Hi, I’m thrilled to be visiting Raven’s blog today to share ten things about Gold Captain, the hero of my recently released science fiction romance, The Scent of Memory, Green Rising Book 2.
Gold Captain or Cap is the hero of my recently released science fiction romance, The Scent of Memory. He is a cyborg, although not by choice. He was born Aren Dougherty on the planet Nordika. The story of how he became a cyborg provides a few spoilers so I’ll keep that to myself, for now. When he became a cyborg, all his memories were wiped. Consequently, Cap has to relearn a number of these things about himself.
- He was an artist who worked in charcoal and watercolor, a talent he lost when he became a cyborg.
- He is an introvert, preferring to watch and reflect, before acting.
- He is a stealth cyborg which he means he has extra programming that allows him to sneak around without being seen.
- Prior to becoming a cyborg, Cap learned a lot about computer programming from Marisol. As a result, he was able to clandestinely add to his stealth coding to protect himself and his squad and used it get them out of a few jams.
- He has a quiet sense of humor, which he manages to retain as a cyborg.
- Aren became a mining engineer because mining jobs were the most plentiful on Nordika, his home planet, and artists did not earn enough to survive.
- Aren loved Bantish Root Tea and when he was fully human, drank it morning, noon and night. It is highly caffeinated, and gave him a bit of a buzz, which he found helpful for his art.
- Aren believed a gift should always contain a part of yourself for it to mean something. His gifts were always his drawings.
- Aren loved his mush dog team but was not enamored of competitively mush racing. He was drawn into the sport originally to compete with his best friend, then stayed in it because it was something he and Marisol did together in the couples mush event.
- His favorite mush dog was named Rogue. She was white, wolf-sized, and had mesmerizing blue eyes. He always said if a human could fall in love with a dog, he would fall in love with Rogue.
Twelve years ago, Marisol lost Aren. Now he’s back – pointing a gun at her head and treating her like a stranger.
Rebel hacker, Marisol Martinez, never thought volunteering to keep the hospital safe from cyborgs would lead her back to the man sabotage ripped from her arms. The man she swore to avenge by any means possible.
For over a decade, Cap protected the cyborgs under his command from every danger. Until he meets an insurgent, whose scent wreaks havoc on his control. She calls him Aren and insists she knows him. But she’s wrong. He has no past, no present, no future – only orders he’s programmed to complete.
Forced together, Marisol and Cap can’t resist the passion that keeps building between them. With time running out, Marisol must use her computer skills to restore Aren’s memories or Cap will kill all subversives on the planet – starting with her.
EBOOK BUY LINKS
Evernight The Scent of Memory by Shari Elder - Evernight Publishing
Amazon The Scent of Memory (Green Rising Book 2) - Kindle edition by Elder, Shari. Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
Barnes and Noble The Scent of Memory by Shari Elder | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello, I’m Shari. By day, I crawl out of bed, mainline coffee, walk the dog, get my kid to class, and save cities within the four walls of my office. Usually by email.
At night, the other Shari emerges. With a glass of wine by side, I curl up on the couch with my computer nestled in my lap and let my imagination play until stories take shape. I also periodically check on my teen-ager, hiding out in the bedroom. Once I’ve reassured myself she’s not plotting world domination, I pull out my alter ego, who definitely is. As my alter ego, I save cities in a cape and spangled tights, wander space and time on a surfboard, fly over the Himalayas on feathered wings, make six-toed footprints in indigo talc snow on the sixth planet in the Andromeda galaxy or eavesdrop on Olympian gods while pretending to whip up a bowl of ambrosia.
In all these wondrous worlds, romance and passion blossom. I can't resist a happy ending. And I am particularly prone to writing happy endings for those who have given up on ever getting one.
Goodreads: Shari Elder (Author of Race to Redemption) | Goodreads
Twitter @ShariElderBooks or https://twitter.com/sharielderbooks
Definitely on my to be read list,
love Raven xxx